Documented Clinical Success Since 1978
Treatment Available Worldwide
This self-help book for performance anxiety at work includes a one of a kind and rare description of recovery from avoidant personality disorder.
Click here for insight re: Avoidant Personality.
The Sally Jessy Raphael Show in 1988
The “Socially Handicapped”
The Berent Method: High Performance Therapy for Social Anxiety
This information is the result of providing treatment to thousands of individuals of all ages since 1978. The following description of the Berent methodology is for individuals who have “initiative” for the healing process.
High performance therapy for social anxiety, performance anxiety, and extreme shyness is based on an integration of core work with technique. Core work includes the process of helping the patient resolve the core emotions of embarrassment, shame, and humiliation associated with excessive nervous system activity. At the root of the anxiety-driven visceral response are historically learned negative associations to adrenaline concurrent with the emotionality of a nurturing deficit and the resulting self-esteem challenge. Read More
About JonathanJonathan has pioneered psychotherapy for social anxiety, public speaking anxiety, and performance anxiety since 1978. He has worked with thousands of individuals of all ages in individual, family, and group therapy. He is the author of “Beyond Shyness: How to Conquer Social Anxieties” (Simon & Schuster) and “Work Makes Me Nervous: Overcome Anxiety and Build the Confidence to Succeed” (John Wiley &Sons, Inc.) Jonathan is an expert in media performance having been featured extensively on television, radio, and in print. This experience includes Oprah, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, FOX, The New York Times, Newsday, The Chicago Tribune, and The Boston Globe. Listen to him on WFAN SPORTS RADIO. Jonathan has extensively researched and developed clinical programs for the avoidant and dependent personality. He is a “diplomate” in clinical social work and is certified in New York State. In addition, he is certified by The Association of Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback. To view Jonathan Berent‘s pioneering work with Social Phobia, view the 1988 Sally Jessy Raphael Show by clicking here. To view jonathan talking about Workplace Anxiety on Long Island News Jobline, click here.
Self-Help and Treatment Options
- Free Introductory CD
- “Social Anxiety the Untold Story”: Comprehensive Self-Help for Sufferers and Families
- The book, “Beyond Shyness: How to Conquer Social Anxieties” (Simon & Schuster)
- The book, “Work Makes Me Nervous: Self-Help for Performance Anxiety (Wiley and Sons)
- Comprehensive self-therapy audio CD program for social and performance anxiety
- Public Speaking Anxiety: Self Therapy Audio CD Program
- Therapy in Great Neck, New York
- Therapy worldwide via telephone or Skype
- Selective Mutism Seminar on Audio CD
- “Parenting The Selectively Mute Child”: Self-therapy Audio CD Program
- Free social-ability questionnaire
- Subscribe to the Tip of the Month Club
- “Social Therapy and the Learning Disabled: A seminar on Audio tape and mp3
- Free “Parent Addiction” quiz
- AskJonathan: Get your questions about social anxiety answered