is the use of sophisticated, not invasive instrumentation to
provide information about physiological processes that otherwise
would not be available. It provides a scientific perspective
of the mind-body connection. This is called psycho-physiology.
The following technology is utilized at Berent Associates:
E.M.G. (muscles), Temp Training (peripheral blood flow), G.S.R.
(Galvanic Skin Response), and E.E.G. (brainwave).
Based on the concept of operant conditioning, biofeedback
is often used as an alternative to medication. It can empower
individuals who are on medication to be less dependent on
it. Biofeedback, when combined with stress management counseling
is a powerful technology used for the treatment of stress
related disorders including panic attacks, anxiety symptoms,
migraine and tension headaches, gastrointestinal distress,
pain, hypertension, general tension and more. E.E.G. Biofeedback
is used for the treatment of ADD – ADHD.
Jonathan Berent has been utilizing biofeedback since 1978.
He is certified by the biofeedback certification Institute
of America. (See Jonathan bio on the homepage). In 1986 Jonathan
published “Biofeedback Treatment and Hemorrhagic Diabetic
Retinopathy: A Case Study”.
- Free Introductory CD
- The book, "Beyond Shyness: How to Conquer Social Anxieties" (Simon & Schuster)
- Comprehensive self-therapy audio CD program for social and performance anxiety
- Public Speaking Anxiety: Self Therapy Audio CD Program
- Therapy in Great Neck, New York
- Therapy worldwide via telephone or Skype
- Selective Mutism Seminar on Audio CD
- "Parenting The Selectively Mute Child": Self-therapy Audio CD Program
- "Social Therapy and the Learning Disabled: A seminar on Audio CD
- Free social-ability questionnaire
- Free "Parent Addiction" quiz
- Subscribe to the Tip of the Month Club
There are many free self diagnostic options at www.social-anxiety.com